Monday, April 18, 2011

Hidden Beaches

Last Saturday was an amazing beach day. It was around 80 degrees, clear and sunny. I decided to take a walk on the beach in Encinitas. I knew that the tide was low and that D Street beach could be a good bet. You see, some of San Diego's beaches are either inaccessible or have limited sand during higher tides. D Street has only neighborhood street parking so many people opt for the beaches with parking lots. It can be difficult to find parking on great days like last Saturday. Anyway, I was not disappointed as the beach was wide open and only had a few other people with the same idea as me. I walked south to Swami`s and back and only encountered a few other beach goers. What a great way to get away from the crowds. Remember to check your tide tables before heading to the beach as you could get caught in an incoming tide and have limited beach space. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment